Thursday, June 30, 2011

You know you want to peek!

I want to share whats going on with our workshop pieces. I LOVE each and every one! They are all so different and unique! I just finished the first step of the finishing process on these little beauties. When all the moisture has dried out of the clay, it is known in the clay world as "Bone Dry". This is the point at which I smooth all the sharp edges so they are all squeaky clean!



 Next they will all go into the kiln together for a "bisque fire". This comes before the glazing process, and makes the clay able to absorb the glaze in the next step. They will reach about 1800 degrees before they are fully bisque fired.


 I can't wait to glaze these!


 How sweet are these hearts?! I have a feeling we are gonna be super busy this holiday season. There are ALREADY gifts being made!



 I love this work. Please contact me for special group rates, as well as in-home workshops for the holiday season. . I would LOVE to help you make your Christmas gifts this year!


Speaking of the hand-made gift, my little sister just started selling her new line of hand-made beaded jewelry. These are so unique, no two are alike! The brand is Birdcage, and you can place an order, or find her work at Top of the Block Salon on Lokey Street in Murfreesboro. This looks like a pretty sweet gift for someone, I think. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment