Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Christmas in July!


By the end of this week I will be sitting by the seashore, toes in the sand. I can't believe we are taking our very first family vacation! Dusty, Maddox and I will be leaving on Saturday morning to spend a week with Dusty's family at Gulf Shores. We are so excited to get away and spend some real family time together.

 So, I've had PLENTY to catch up on before we depart. I started 3 custom orders this week, glazed and am firing (as we speak) the wonderful workshop pieces from JoZoara's Coffee Shop, and my NEW dishes are almost ready, too!


 Custom coasters in progress :)


Custom trinket dishes in progress. . . .


Soap dish, anyone?? I can't wait to open the kiln this time! I love having brand new pieces. . . These will make great soap dishes, spoon rests, tea lite dishes, or just about anything else you might dream up!



OH, and I started on CHRISTMAS! What?! 







I know what you're thinking; its too early, right? WRONG! Its never too early to start your handmade gifts for the holidays. That being said, I would absolutely LOVE to start booking some pottery parties! I'm talking about ornament making, or anything else gift-worthy. Time to  have some eggnog and dust off that favorite Christmas album! Please email me if you're interested in hosting a holiday clay workshop, perfectly set up for your Christmas gift-making!


                                         

 I'll be sure to update you when these guys are finished, they still have to be fired and glazed. I was too excited to not show them!



I hope everyone had a wonderful Independence Day. Maddox swam in the little pool, and the big pool, and ended his day with a leisurely ride (oh so slowly) on the four-wheeler with his Papa. I am so thankful to be free to do what I love in a place that I love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment